This Multicolour Stamping with Markers technique is an oldie but a goodie, it is such a nice way of taking a single stamp and stamping it in a whole variety of colours. I have used the Shaded Summer stamp set for this card, I just love the flowery images that are in the set, as well as all of those gorgeous sentiments!
I actually made this card for the Global Design Project #292, I love taking part in challenges because it can really inspire the creative person inside. This week’s challenge was to CASE the designer, Susan Wong. What a pretty card she has made for us to be inspired by. Why not click on the link above to see all of the entries.
I used both of the flowery images from this stamp set, and coloured them in on the stamp using my Stampin’ Write Markers. I used Granny Apple Green for the leaves, So Saffron for the buds and Flirty Flamingo for the main flowers. Simply pick out the elements with the markers, colour the stamp and then breath on it prior to stamping the stamp onto Basic White card. I then fussy cut out both of these images.
I also used the marker technique on the sentiment, choosing to stamp the capital letters in Flirty Flamingo and the italic words in Granny Apple Green before punching out using the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch.
The paper strip is actually from the You’re a Peach Designer Series Paper and the scalloped border die is from the Penned Flowers dies, so pretty! I CASEd the use of the twine and wrapped this around my panel, tying in a bow to finish. I used my alcohol markers to flick some ink onto a piece of Basic White card before layering all of these elements together.
A couple of pearls and a random sponged and die cut mushroom (from the awesome Iconic Dies) really finish the piece of nicely, I think. I hope Susan likes what I did with her design and I hope that you enjoyed this multicolour stamping with markers technique!
I was so chuffed to have been chosen as a winner for last week’s entry, #GDP291. If you would like to see my project, simply click on HERE to head to last week’s blog.
Until next time, Happy Stamping xx
Free PDF and Video Tutorial
Would you like a free PDF and video tutorial for this amazing birthday calendar? Simply sign up to my newsletter to get your copy today!
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- September’s Host Code is HFUPANRH – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects