I made this girly birthday card for my niece’s birthday, I think it will be just perfect for her even though she isn’t a particularly girly girl. I was working on a project for my return to in person classes and this paper was out on my desk, just calling to be used. It is absolutely stunning, and from the new Expressions in Ink Designer Series Papers.
These papers are absolutely gorgeous, and mimic an alcohol effect style, without the mess or the need to buy and learn how to use alcohol inks. And they have the most beautiful gold highlights. STUNNING!
Don’t forget that you can purchase any of the supplies you see used here over in my online store. Visit my SHOP WITH ME page to find out more.
I made this card for the Global Design Project #291, this week the theme is Birthdays! If you are stuck in a crafty rut, why not have ago yourself. You can enter online using the link above.
My card base is Thick Basic White, with a mat of Polished Pink card and a layer of the paper. I really wanted to showcase as much of this as possible, so all decided to use the outline die from the co-ordinating dies so that you can still see the papers through it. This cut out beautifully and looks so pretty in Gold Foil.
The little flowers that you can see are from the new Iconic Dies. These are a beautiful set of standalone dies for £27, with elements such as birds, bees, mushrooms, flowers and leaves. I can see me using these a lot with all sorts of projects!
The word happy is from the Artistically Inked stamp set that co-ordinates with the stamps and dies and the word Birthday is from the Biggest Wish stamp set. Both words are stamped in Polished Pink and then I fussy cut the word birthday to make it stand out a little bit. I love a mismatched sentiment, it helps to create a focal point I think.
I hope that you like my very girly birthday card, but more importantly I hope that the birthday girl herself likes it!
Until next time, Happy Stamping xx
Free PDF and Video Tutorial
Would you like a free PDF and video tutorial for this amazing birthday calendar? Simply sign up to my newsletter to get your copy today!
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- July’s Host Code is N4PFECKW – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in August.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects