I am so excited to share my handmade home decor entry for this wonderful blog hop by the Tech 4 Stampers group. I know there are going to be some amazing projects for you in this hop, so settle down, get comfortable and be inspired.
The challenge this month is a colour challenge, using all 5 of the new in colours, though really this isn’t a challenge, as they are all so gorgeous and work amazingly well together.
I absolutely adore the new Pansy Patch stamps and Pansy Dies from Stampin’ Up! – they make such lovely projects and work in so many different colours. They are really easy to stamp and fussy cut too, if you don’t have the dies, and WOW, the font and the sentiments are a real winner for me.
The stamps (and dies) can look a little confusing at first, so I have put together a cheat sheet to help see how they all go together. Once you get going though they are a dream to create with.
So, back to my handmade home decor piece I think! I saw these shadow box frames on offer in my local craft store and thought they would make lovely gifts, so grabbed a couple while I was there. The base of my piece is 18cm x 18cm, in Thick Basic White card, with a mat of Pale Papaya 15.5cm x 15.5cm and a mat of Fresh Freesia 15cm x 15cm.
The main card I worked on is Basic White card measuring 14cm x 14cm. In the middle, in Evening Evergreen, I stamped the sentiment and then placed all of my pansies and leaves around the outside of this, in a wreath shape.
There are four flowers in Polished Pink, four in Pale Papaya and four in Fresh Freesia. I stamped off the block first layer to give a lighter tone, then stamped the main outer and the small inner first generation, to give a deeper tone. I actually left the middles white on all three colours to lighten the piece up. It is quite busy as it is!
The leaves are stamped with the base colour being Soft Succulent and the overlayer being Evening Evergreen. Some are stamped off and some are first generation, to give a nice mix to my finished piece.
I added a bow in Pale Papaya Ribbon, such a gorgeous ribbon that ties a lovely bow. I had to work quite hard not to put bling all round it, I just didn’t feel like it needed it, though I really wanted to add some!
I hope that you have enjoyed my take on this colour challenge and have a go at making some handmade home decor for yourself. If you would like to purchase any of these products, please do come back and click on the product photos below to go straight to my online store, but for now, enjoy hopping and see what the rest of the gang have got to show you.
Free PDF and Video Tutorial
Would you like a free PDF and video tutorial for this amazing birthday calendar? Simply sign up to my newsletter to get your copy today!
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- September’s Host Code is HFUPANRH – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects