I wanted to share an idea for how to make a Valentine’s Day card for men with you today, because we are steaming through February and the big day is nearly upon us already. These can be tricky if you don’t want the whole pinks and reds, flowers and hearts, but I don’t think that you need to over emphasize these things, here I have just stuck to my boyfriend’s favourite colours and themes and went with a card based around that instead.
This card was what I would call a happy accident, I was actually playing around with a fancy fold card but I didn’t like the look so chopped off the central diamond and stuck it onto the front of an embossed piece of Whisper White… Wow, doesn’t it look striking! Valentine’s calls for something a little special, and I think this really hits the mark, even if I do say so myself!
Would you like to see a fancy fold card? Why not click on the link to see a Double Diamond Fold Card, it will take you to my recent blog post. You could even sign up to my March Fancy Fold Class to have a go yourself!
I have combined the new Sand and Sea stamp and dies with the Sailing Home stamps (which I have been instructed never to part with!) to create a focal point on the diamond, with stamping in Balmy Blue and Misty Moonlight. The blue diamond panel is also embossed using the Seashells 3D Embossing folder and then ink has been applied using the amazing Blending Brushes.
I needed to add a heart I felt, so punched two hearts, one in Misty Moonlight and one in Basic White, using the Heart Punch Pack from the annual catalogue. How gorgeous is that sentiment from the Friends are like Seashells stamp set ‘love you to the beach and back’, it was just perfect for this card today.
I also added another sentiment from this set too “I am so happy I found you”, I really think that these two sentiments and the heart make this into a really tasteful handmade masculine Valentine’s Day card. What do you think?
I hope that this post has helped you to see how to make a Valentine’s Day card for men, and inspired you to take those sets that you already own and turn them into a gorgeous handmade card for your loved one. I know my boyfriend will appreciate this tailored card in his favourite colours!
Until next time, Happy Stamping xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- September’s Host Code is HFUPANRH – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects