It’s been a couple of weeks since I blogged, so I wanted to quickly hop on and share with you how to use and store Gilding Flakes, or as they are now known in the Stampin’ Up! world, Gilded Leafing Embellishment.
This brand new product is possibly my favourite from the new Jan – Jun Mini Catalogue, because they are just soooo pretty, and can be used in so many different ways with all of your existing stamps and dies.
I made a series of three cards showcasing this gorgeous gold shiny stuff which I will be sharing more about in February, but this one is the one I wanted to share with you today. I have used the largest die in the Friends are Like Seashells bundle to cut a piece of card that I covered with Adhesive Sheet to make it sticky on one side, so that I could easily add the gilded leafing after I had die cut it. These adhesive sheets are a really under-used product in my opinion!
The photo above doesn’t really do the Gilded Leafing Embellishment justice though, because you can’t see how shiny it is! Hopefully the picture below will give you a better look. You can see how I have cut the seashells here too, right up to the stamped line, so that each shell has a nice golden border around it.
I shared another card that I made recently using the flakes, why not head over to my blog post to see how I applied them in a slightly different way, but do come back when you have had a look, to watch the video below on how to use and store gilding flakes.
Watch the video to learn how to use and store Gilding Flakes
If you like the video, I would be so grateful if you would subscribe to my channel, I will be sharing lots more tutorials and project ideas throughout the year. You can click on the little bell too, to be notified when I post a new video.
I hope you have as much fun playing with this great product as I have had over the last couple of days, and as ever, if you have any questions please do feel free to get in touch. You can purchase any of the products that I have used in today’s project by visiting my online store or visit my shop with me page for more information on how to place an order.
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits PLUS 200 sheets of 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper!
- February’s Host Code is BUVRANP4 – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in March.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects