Hello and welcome to the January Blog Hop by the Stamptastic Friends, an amazing group of Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators who want to share their creations with you all, this month with a theme of ‘Love and Hugs’. It is National Hug Day on the 21st January, so here is card that would be perfect for sending to a friend, using the Forever and Always stamp set.
Whether you have come straight here to me, or hopped from somewhere else, be sure to hop on over to the rest of the team to see some fabulous makes.
Forever and Always
I have used the Forever and Always stamp set from Stampin’ Up! for this card, I just love the flowers and how beautifully they colour in with the Stampin’ Blends. I have gone quite regal with my colour choices, with Pretty Peacock and Rich Razzleberry, paired with the gold accents.
The background is actually created with Gilding Leafing Embellishment (Gilding Flakes), applied onto Multi-purpose liquid glue which has been sponged through a stencil. A fun (if a little messy) technique to try. Just make sure that you clean your stencil off straight away!!
The word Love is die cut using the ‘Always’ dies, and is also covered with the gilding flakes. I just die cut a piece of card that had been covered with Adhesive Sheets, peeled back the backing and applied the flakes, rubbing the excess off with a sponge. Be careful not to breath too heavily though, or they could go everywhere!
I took a picture of my Gilded Leafing Embellishment, in a large tub that I decanted it into, and just looking at it makes me happy so I thought I would share it with you today. It’s so pretty and shiny, perfect for a cold Winter’s day!
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope my card inspires you to make a card for a loved one to give them a virtual hug, and if you need some of this Gilded Leafing Embellishment in your life, be sure to click on the picture links at the bottom of the post to go directly to my online store.
Please do keep hopping first though, to see what everyone else has in store for you, I am sure there are some beautiful projects for you to see.
Until next time, Happy Stamping xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- September’s Host Code is HFUPANRH – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects