Well, I really struggled to name this card design as it isn’t one I have come across before. I was just sat pondering fancy fold cards one day and this popped into my head as a great design for a special card, and it shows off so much of our beautiful Designer Series Paper that I couldn’t resist making this design using both the Honey Bee Bundle (£38.50) and the Golden Honey DSP (FREE with an order over £45 while stocks last or until 31st March).
These products really work amazingly well together and those cute little bees are perfect for any occasion, especially with the range of sentiments that come with the stamp set.
To start, you will need a piece of card measuring 21cm x 28cm. Score it on the long side at 7cm and 21cm, and score it on the short side at 10.5cm. Cut away the two bottom rectangles and then fold and burnish all of the score lines. Your card should now stand up as shown below, but when you fold the right and left flaps in, and the bottom flap up, it will also close up neatly ready for giving.
You will need several mats and layers, I used the Gold Foil and the Golden Honey DSP for mine.
Cut the following:
- 3 pieces of gold foil – 10cm x 13.5cm
- 4 pieces of gold foil – 10cm x 6.5cm
- 2 pieces of DSP – 9.5cm x 13cm
- 1 piece of Whisper White card – 9.5cm x 13cm
- 4 pieces of DSP – 9.5cm x 6cm
Adhere all of the panels onto the black base card and then decorate the Whisper White panel as desired. For mine I have used a combination of DSP, stamps and dies, because I think they work so well together.
In order to keep the card closed, for sending or storing, I used a belly band. Cut a piece of DSP, the length of an A4 sheet and 1″ wide. Cut a co-ordinating piece of DSP the same length by 7/8″ wide. Once you have stuck the two together, wrap loosely around the closed up card and then use a bit of wet glue to close in place. You want it fairly tight, but loose enough so that it will still slide on and off.
I used the circle punches and the detailed bee dies to add an element to the front of the card, for that bit of added interest.
I hope you have fun with this card design, here is another example to show you what it can look like with the Peaceful Poppies suite of products.
If you would like to purchase any of the products I have used, please do click on the links below as they will take you straight to my online shop.
Thank you so much for your continued support, have fun and happy crafting xxProduct List
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- September’s Host Code is HFUPANRH – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects