The theme for this months Stamptastic Friends Blog Hop is ‘Autumn Colours’ and I knew as soon as I saw this that I wanted to use the stunning new Intricate Leaves dies to send a card to say hello to someone that I have been very much missing over the last few months. This is such a gorgeous die set that you can use all year round, and works so nicely with many other stamp sets too.
The Stamptastic friends are a lovely bunch of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators who want to share their passion for all things crafty with you, so do be sure to hop around using the links at the bottom of this post for more ideas and inspiration.
I broke out my Water Brushes again to make this card, and surprisingly didn’t manage to get any ink on the new clothes I was wearing. I think I should craft in overalls to be honest! The background is made using Pumpkin Pie ink, and if that doesn’t scream Autumn then I don’t know what does!
The die cut leaves are actually die cut from Fluid 100 watercolour card that had been precoloured with Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie ink, I love this technique as it can give you some amazing multi-colour tones, just like real autumn leaves. Just make sure the card is completely dry before you die cut them!
That stunning Dahlia stamp is actually a free stamp set that can be earnt until the end of September, simply by making a purchase of £90 through me – I have made several cards with this stamp, using a whole heap of different techniques – it really is a must have. Here I have stamped it in Pumpkin Pie Ink, then sponged some Real Red ink to the centre before stamping and cutting out with my trusty paper snips.
I sincerely hope that this project has inspired you to make and send a card to say hello to someone that you feel might be in need of your thoughts. I have been a bit remiss in sending cards recently, but by the end of the month I aim to have sent 10 cards to my friends just to say I am thinking of them, maybe you could do the same, too.
Make sure you have a hop around and see what the rest of the crew have got lined up for you, I can’t wait to see either…
Until next time, Happy Stamping xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- September’s Host Code is HFUPANRH – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects