During out blog hop last month I showed you how to use your Christmas stamps all year round, and today I am going to show you how to get quick and easy inspiration for your cardmaking by simply copying a card you have already made before. It really couldn’t be easier! This one is made using the Merriest Moments stamp set from Stampin’ Up! Gorgeous and versatile.
I am hopping today with the lovely Casually Crafting Design Team, a group of Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators who want to share our take on Casual Crafting with you, keeping things fun and achievable for all.
This month’s challenge is a TIC-TAC-TOE challenge. Basically, just have a look at the grid below and chose a line of three, (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) and then make a card with all three of those elements in. This is another way to get quick and easy inspiration for your cardmaking. I chose the line on the left – Green/Foilage/Christmas.
You can see how I have kept the papers and the flower images exactly the same for both cards (the one on the right was last month’s blog post, to see how I made it just click HERE) but I changed the leaves for the holly leaves in the stamp set and changed the colours from bright summery colours to a more traditional green and red (Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler).
I also added in some of the gold holly leaves which are available from Stampin’ Up! in the Aug-Dec Mini Catalogue, aren’t they stunning! There is a die cut set to accompany this stamp set, but most of the flowers and leaves are easy enough to cut by hand too, if you have yourself a pair of our amazing paper snips.
This last year has been such a difficult one for so many people, so I thought this greeting might be of some use if you want to send a card to someone who might not really be in the Christmas mood. The stamp set has lots of other greetings in too, though, making it an incredibly versatile set to work with.
Oh, and that dotty green paper? It started life as black and white (from the Beautifully Penned DSP) but a little Garden Green ink and a blending brush later and it is now the perfect backdrop for my Christmas Card!
I hope that you like my card and I hope that I have shown you a couple of ways to get quick and easy inspiration when you are feeling a little stuck. Enjoy hopping around to see what the rest of the Design Team have got up their sleeves for you, and then why not hop back and pop that stamp set in your basket, simply click on the photo links below.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Happy Stamping xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- September’s Host Code is HFUPANRH – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects