Welcome to this awesome blog hop by the Tech 4 Stampers group, where today we are showcasing Brilliant Blending Techniques. I have chosen to stick to some real basic blending, but I am sure that you will gather a whole heap of inspiration from our special group of talented crafters, so do hop around.
I have combined my Brilliant Blending with the lovely Brilliant Wings Dies from Stampin’ Up! These never fail to help me make amazing projects, and they are a dream to cut on the Cut and Emboss Machine too.
The base of the card is Thick Basic White, 14.5cm x 21cm, scored in half at 10.5cm. The Basic White panel is 14cm x 10cm and is embossed using the underused but utterly fabulous Prety Flowers embossing folder – how gorgeous is that!
The focal panel is cut from Basic White card using the large panel die from the Nature’s Thoughts die set, I just love the edging detail on this one and it is the perfect size for a panel. I used my Blending Brushes and Coastal Cabana ink to create an ombre effect.
Simply pick up some ink from the stamp pad and then gently work the brush in circles starting from the bottom and working up. Keep layering ink to get a deeper tone, as you work your way down the panel.
I added some detail stamping using a dotty stamp, and flicked some wink of stella on to it too, because you can never have enough sparkle, right!
The butterflies are cut from Basic White (the solid dies) and Fresh Freesia Shimmer Vellum (the detailed dies). I just added a little multi-purpose glue to the centre of the butterflies before sticking the detailed cut out onto the solid one. These were then adorned with sequins from the Expressions in Ink Ephemera Pack – SO PRETTY!!
I finished my Brilliant Blending Techniques card off with a sentiment from the Many Messages bundle and a few more gems.
I hope I have inspired you to get those blending brushes out, but if you want more ideas, please do hop along and have a look what the rest of the team have in store for you – just make sure that you come back to purchase any of the supplies that you may need to get crafting.
Until next time, Happy Stamping xx
Interested in learning more about using Alcohol Markers?
I will be running another Stampin’ Blends Course, starting in September 2021, where, amongst many other things, I will teach the no-line colouring technique, how to add lowlights with greys, using pencils and markers together, creating skin tones and many other techniques too.
The course is still available for £60 as an online version only, with four zoom lessons, a dedicated Facebook group, a comprehensive course guide and several bonus lessons too.
To find out more, or to book your place, just click the button below!
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- September’s Host Code is HFUPANRH – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects