Hello and welcome stampers, I want to share a card with you today using some new products from the Stampin’ Up! Jan – Jun Mini Catalogue, in particular a stamp set and die combo which are just perfect for helping me make a card, for any occasion! One of my goals for the new Stampin’ Up! year (which started in October!) is to take part in more blog hops and challenges, so here is my first, using a layout from the Global Design Project #GDP266.
The idea is that you take the sketch, theme, colour combination etc that is given, and make a card based on it. So as you can see this week’s challenge is a card sketch. I have tried to follow it as best I can, but as you can see over on the challenge page, there are lots of variations on the theme… why not head on over after you have finished here and have a look? Global Design Project #266 – Sketch Challenge
I have been busy making Christmas cards recently, so wanted a chance to play with some new goodies which will be available for customers beginning January 5th, and this sketch challenge was just perfect. There are some fabulous items here from the brand new suite Fine Art Floral, I am just in love with the Art Gallery Bundle, the coordinating stamps and dies and oh, that acetate!! This will certainly be making its way onto a lot of my upcoming projects!
If you look closely behind the die cut words “just want to say” you will see I have faintly stamped one of the flower images from the stamp set. I used the marker technique here, to get the flowers in Petal Pink and the leaves and stems in Grey Granite. Heat embossing is used to to showcase the sentiment here, in white onto Grey Granite cardstock. One of the best things about this set is that you can make a card for any occasion just by changing the word contragulations for any other from the set!
I finished the card off with some gorgeous Fine Art Ribbon – the catalogue really doesn’t do this ribbon justice because you can’t see the stunning gold flecks running through it. Obviously I couldn’t resist adding a few Gilded Gems just for a bit of bling. If you would like a copy of the new upcoming catalogue and don’t already have a Demonstrator I would love to sed you one, just click the CATALOGUES tab and fill out the form, selecting the Jan – Jun Mini Cataolgue.
I do hope you enjoyed seeing this card today, it is one for my lovely downline Ann-Marie, who took part in her first Virtual Craft Market today, posting her first ever video, well done my lovely, I couldn’t be prouder…
Until next time, Happy Stamping xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits PLUS 200 sheets of 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper!
- January’s Host Code is C6H7ET77 – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in January. For every order over £50, I will send out a pack of Pastel Pearls, worth £6
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects