Hello and welcome to the November Blog Hop by the Stamptastic Friends, an amazing group of Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators who want to share their creations with you all, this month with a theme of Non Traditional Christmas Colours. Whether you have come straight here to me, or hopped from somewhere else, be sure to hop on over to the rest of the team to see some fabulous makes.
Non Traditional Christmas Colours
I have been using a lot of non traditional christmas colours already this year, as I have been loving the blues and purples that some of out products have leant themselves too, so I thought ‘what could I do that is even more different?’
It wasn’t until I sat down to read a magazine this week that inspiration caught hold. It was a magazine about Victorian Christmas, and all the photographs were in black and white, so I decided to give this style a go for myself. I hope you like it!
I bought the Poinsettia Petals bundle because I loved all of the stamps and dies, and could just see clusters of elements all layering together, and that is what I have tried to achieve here. The only stamp that isn’t from this set is the small dotty stamp that I used to heat emboss the black background.
I just love the Glittery Organdy ribbon that Stampin’ Up! sell, but I just don’t find reason to use it often enough, so that definitely needed an outing here, and I have also added some Frost White Shimmer Paint to the leaves, once I had heat embossed them with white powder onto black cardstock.
The centres of the Poinsettias have a cluster of Basic Rhinestones for some sparkle, and I tied in the silver by also using some Silver Foil for the clusters of berries that you can see poking out. I always arrange my display first, and then stick it all down, the Poinsettias being on dimensionals and then the leaves and berries tucked in underneath them.
Isn’t this greeting great! Simply stamped onto the Whisper White card in Memento Ink, I really do wish that magic and wonder bloom this holiday. I mounted the card onto Silver, Black and then Thick Whisper White Cardstock, the layers adding to the dramatic effect that the black and white creates, though ideally I want to frame this piece I think, if I can find the right kind of frame. It is roughly 5″ x 7″, as I used the full size poinsettias.
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope my card inspires you to create some Christmas cards of your own using non traditional Christmas colours. Please be sure to keep hopping, to see what everyone else has in store for you, but if you would like to purchase any of the products I have used today, feel free to click on the links below to take you straight to my online shop.
Until next time, Happy Stamping xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- April’s Host Code is 9DHBHFJ2 – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in May.
- Massively discounted items available on the LAST CHANCE SALE page – grab a bargain before they go
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects