I have been playing with the Poinsettia Dies recently, and really wanted to use the Plush Poinsettia Speciality Paper, with its sumptious soft flock feel, to make a handmade luxury Christmas card.
You get six 12″ x 12″ sheets, 2 each of 3 designs, for £10.25. I have used it as the background for my large 7″ x 7″ card here, cutting it first to 14.4cm x 14.4cm and matting it onto a layer of Gold Foil sheet measuring 14.8cm x 14.8cm.
I also used the paper to make the base for my matching gift tag, it really adds a certain something doesn’t it? The Plush Poinsettia Speciality Paper has actually been stuck, both times, onto a mat of Whisper White card exactly the same size.
My biggest question was how to stick it down! I tried it with the tombow multi-purpose liquid glue and found that it stuck down just fine and I couldn’t see the glue through, which was my biggest fear. So happy!
To match the feel of the Plush Poinsettia paper, I used the Red Velvet Paper to cut my poinsettia petals. This paper holds the embossing really well and is just the perfect addition to this handmade luxury Christmas card.
I paired it with some Gold Foil leaves and springs, and some Whisper White small flowers from the same Poinsettia Dies. I added a Beaded Pearl to the centre and some ‘Wonderful Gems’ to the smaller flowers to finish.
The matching tag is made in a very similar way, with the Red Velvet Paper and Gold Foil. The Flocked paper and Thick Whisper White circle are both cut using the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes dies and I have used some stunning real red ribbon from the All the Trimmings ribbon combo pack.
I just love how the red, gold and white work together here, and the speciality papers really do give a luxury feel I think.
If you would like to have a go at making these for yourselves, all the products used are listed below, and if you use this months Host (shopping) Code T66ZAS3B at the online checkout, you will recieve a handmade card and a gift from me in November to say a massive Thank You.
Thank you so much for reading, until next time, Happy Stamping xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- September’s Host Code is HFUPANRH – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects