Hello and welcome to the July Blog Hop by the Stamptastic Friends, an amazing group of Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators who want to share their creations with you all. Whether you have come straight here to me, or hopped from somewhere else, be sure to hop on over to the rest of the team to see some fabulous makes.
2020-2022 In Colours
Every Year Stampin’ Up! launches 5 new ‘In Colours’ to complement the existing range of core colours and this years collection are FABULOUS. We have got Misty Moonlight (my personal favourite I think), Magenta Madness, Cinnamon Cider, Bumblebee and Just Jade.
I have been using these colours for a while now, and am loving incorporating them into my projects, but I wanted to showcase all of them together here for you today, and decided that the Forever Fern stamp set and co-ordinating Forever Flourishing dies would be the perfect way to do that.
I used Misty Moonlight as my card colour here, making a standard C6 card blank and then cutting another piece to 14cm x 10cm as a same colour layer. I used the Bricks and Mortar embossing folder to emboss it, but before I did so I ran my Whisper White ink pad over the embossing folder, giving a chalky and distressed look to the background. I further enhanced this by splattering some white ink over using my Water Painter and then distressing the edges with my scissors.
I stamped three of the leaves in Just Jade, Cinnamon Cider and Bumblebee, and cut them out using the die cuts, along with two of the leaf sprays in vellum, to add some texture to my ‘posy’. I layered these onto my distressed background and finished the card off with some In Colour enamel dots, some Whisper White ribbon tied in a bow and a sentiment with a pop of Magenta Madness ribbon behind it. This is such a bold colour that a little really does go a long way!
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope you have enjoyed my In Colour project. Please be sure to keep hopping, to see what everyone else has in store for you, but if you would like to purchase any of the products I have used today, feel free to click on the links below to take you straight to my online shop.
Until next time, stay safe and Happy Crafting xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- April’s Host Code is 9DHBHFJ2 – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in May.
- Massively discounted items available on the LAST CHANCE SALE page – grab a bargain before they go
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects