What better way to celebrate at this time of year than with a Celebrate Sunflowers Card. The sunflowers in our garden are not yet blooming, but I still couldn’t resist making this card, which will be just perfect for anyone celebrating anything, a birthday, a new job, or really any achievement at all.
The colour scheme is inspired by a class that I did with a super talented fellow demonstrator, Emma Goddard. Her use of Mango Melody and Basic Gray was new to me, but I thought I would give it a go here and see how it looked. Personally I am pretty pleased with the result… Waht do you think?
The squares in the background actually come from the set Tasteful Touches, there are some fabulous background stamps in there, perfect for all sorts of different cards and occasions. The sunflower and the leaves are from the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set, and because I still don’t own the dies I fussy cut these out, after colouring them in with Smoky Slate and Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends.
I stamped two of the leaves directly onto Basic Gray card, tone on tone using basic gray ink. I really love this stamping effect, and think it looks great here paired with the small die cut silver ‘leaves’, from the Nature’s Thoughts dies.
The sentiment is heat embossed with silver embossing powder onto Smoky Slate cardstock, and is fussy cut out with my trusty paper snips. I am really loving this technique of fussy cutting my sentiments at the moment. I have used quite a few Stampin’ Dimensionals on this card, to give it plenty of height between the different layers. It looks great but might need to go as a large letter in the UK!
I had so much fun making this Celebrate Sunflowers Card, there are just so many possibilities with this stamp set and for someone who loves colouring in, it is just perfect.
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I really appreciate you taking the time to read my post, and if you need or want any of the supplies that I have used, please don’t hesitate to get in touch, visit my online store or click on the picture links below. Every single order is greatly appreciated and really helps me to keep my dreams alive.
Until next time, stay safe and Happy Crafting,
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, plus 2 free stamp sets (So Much Love and Queen Anne’s Lace), a pack of basic rhinestones, enough card pre cut to make 16 stunning cards as well as free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits
- September’s Host Code is DKKHBKWU– be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects