I am absolutely delighted and really rather privileged to have been asked to join the Stamptastic friends, an amazing group of Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators who want to share their creations with you all. Whether you have come straight here to me, or hopped from somewhere else, be sure to hop on over to the rest of the team to see some fabulous makes.
We were tasked this month with picking our three favourite colours, though I am personally on a mission to use colours that I don’t normally use, so I opted for Pool Party, Petal Pink and So Saffron. These colours work so well together, and really give a soft and delicate look to any card. I wanted to make a special card for an upcoming Anniversary, for my Aunt and Uncle, and hope you will agree that this fits the bill perfectly.
I used the stamp set Beautiful Friendship, which has the most amazing floral stamps, great for making your own Designer Series Paper, which is exactly what I have done here! To start with I used a card blank which was 17cm x 17cm, sold as a 7″ card blank. I cut a piece of Pool Party card to 16cm x 16cm, a piece of Petal Pink card to 15.5cm x 15.5cm and a piece of Whisper white card to 15cm x 15cm.
Using the Pool Party, Petal Pink and So Saffron inks, I stamped a selection of the images all over my Whisper White card, making sure I went off the edges to give it the look of printed paper. I actually stamped off the images first because I wanted a really soft and gentle look. Stamping off means that less ink is transferred to your paper, giving a lighter effect.
For the banner across the middle I used some of the Subtles 6″ x 6″ Paper Stack, the pool party sheet cut to 15cm x 5cm. The panel in the middle again has both Pool Party and Petal Pink mats, one at 11cm x 11cm and one at 10.5cm x 10.5cm. The Whisper White layer is 10cm x 10cm and is what I used to stamp the main image on. The flower is stamped in Petal Pink and the leaves in Pool Party, some stamped straight on and some stamped off, to give a natural look and add some depth to the project.
The sentiment is from Flourishing Phrases, which has the most amazing sentiments in a beautiful handwritten font. I heat embossed it in white onto a scrap of Pool Party card and then cut a banner edge to finish it off. I raised the middle up on dimensionals but stuck the edges down with liquid glue, which makes it look almost like a flag, waving in the wind. Finally, I stuck the centre panel to the main panel with dimensionals.
Thank you so much for joining me today, please be sure to keep hopping, to see what everyone else has in store for you, but if you would like to purchase any of the products I have used today, feel free to click on the links below to take you straight to my online shop.
Until next time, Happy Crafting xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- April’s Host Code is 9DHBHFJ2 – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in May.
- Massively discounted items available on the LAST CHANCE SALE page – grab a bargain before they go
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects