I know it doesn’t yet feel like spring has sprung but I wanted to make something bright and cheerful so that when the sun is hiding I can look at this and remind myself that brighter days are just around the corner.
I have not used any stamps for this project, just two punches are all that you need to make this gorgeous piece of home decor. I have used the medium daisy punch and the leaf punch (both £15), punching out 36 daisies from Whisper White card and about 30 leaves from Pear Pizzazz card.
To get colour onto the daisies I used a sponge dauber and the colours Gorgeous Grape and Daffodil Delight, I just love these two colours together. Take each of the punched flowers and lightly sponge some colour onto the centre, allowing the dauber to lay down more colour in the centre and less the further you go out. Leave the edges white to give a contrast.
Once you have coloured all of the flowers it is time to shape the petals. All I do is hold the centre between my fingers in one hand and use my other hand to gently curl the petals. Do be careful though as if you pull too hard you might pull the petals off!
Put a dab of glue onto the back of one flower and then stick it onto the top of another one, the same colour, rotating it slightly to allow both sets of petals to be seen. I then put a dab of glue onto the back of the flower and then stuck either one or two leaves onto the back.
I used a white willow wreath as my base, but you could just use a thin circle of card if you wanted to. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to stick the flowers and leaves onto the wreath and then I took some of the STUNNING Clear Faceted Gems to add a bit of bling to the centre of the purple flowers.
All I had left to do was to add a length of Daffodil Delight ruched ribbon so that I could hang this beauty up in my craft room.
It really isn’t a difficult project to make, and uses minimal supplies so is perfect for a beginner crafter as well as someone more experienced. I know a lot of my craft friends have the daisy punch I would be so excited if you gave this project a go.
If you don’t have this punch yet, please do click on the links below to get yours today, and don’t forget that Sale-A-Bration is still on so with every purchase over £45 you get a FREEBIE item from the Sale-A-Bration list. No better time to shop than now.
Until next time, Happy Crafting… xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits
- November’s Host Code is MMPV9JAS – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in December.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects