Thanks to Stampin’ Up! I have a whole lot of friends to send cards to and this sentiment is just perfect for when you want to say hello to people. A ‘just because’ card, I call it.
I have used the Best Dressed Designer Series Paper here because I just love those floral patterns. This card uses a piece measuring 14.5cm x 5cm, so you can get 3 pieces out of one sheet of the paper. Just look at all these designs you can choose from. You get 48 sheets in a pack too, so plenty of card making for you.
I layered my paper onto a piece of Lovely Lipstick card measuring 14.5cm x 6cm and then popped this onto a card base which I made from Thick Whisper White card. I started with a piece measuring 14.5cm x 21 and scored it in half at 10.5cm.
I have also used the beautiful butterfly die from Springtime Impressions (£27). This set comes with the most gorgeous flower cluster too, which can be used as it is or cut down to offer a huge variety of options. The butterfly is probably my favourite die though and has been used over and over again. Here I have cut one from Silver Foil Card and one from Lovely Lipstick card. I stuck the top one to the foil card using just a small amount of liquid glue on the body, so that the wings would lift up. I also off-centred it ever so slightly so that the foil would show through from beneath. You could stick the foil one completely flat to the card, or do what I have done and again, just stick it by the body, to allow the wings to lift up. I love giving dimension to my cards like this.
Last but not least I stamped the sentiment from the Peaceful Moments stamp set (£20) – Life is better with a friend like you, in Lovely Lipstick to co-ordinate with the rest of my card. I absolutely love the fact that our inks co-ordinate with our card and papers (and ribbon and embellishments too) as it really does make my life much more fun when I know everything is going to match.
What did I do with the leftover piece of Designer Series Paper? Well I made another two cards ready to send out in the coming weeks. I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial, it just goes to show that making cards doesn’t have to be all that difficult, just have fun with it, that is the most important thing.
I’ll be back soon with another project for you to try… xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- September’s Host Code is HFUPANRH – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects