Mother’s Day is fast approaching (UPDATE: 14th March 2021) so I thought I would show you how to make a Mother’s Day card to go along with the wreath that I made in my last post. Haven’t seen it? Click the link to see my Spring Wreath.
I sadly lost my Mum to Motor Neurone Disease in 2015 and have found it really difficult to see or promote these cards the last few years, but things do get easier with time, as they say. I will always miss her though and it makes me sad that she will never see the person I am today. But… life really does go on and with every sorrow there is joy too, you just have to open your eyes and your heart to be able to see it.
I just loved how these three colours work together, nice and bright but not too garish. I have used Gorgeous Grape, Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz, though Granny Apple Green would also look really nice here.
I have used the stamp set Daisy Lane (£21), I just love the fern stamp that comes with it, and the daisy is so delicate and so easy to punch out using the co-ordinating Medium Daisy Punch (£15). Don’t forget to click on the links at the bottom of the post to go straight to my online shop in case you need anything that I have used in this project.
I LOVE punches. They just make my crafting so super quick and easy. I stamped six yellow daisies and six purple ones before punching them out and layering two together to create my flower. Just offset them against each other so that you can see all of the petals. Once I had all of my flowers made I placed them onto my card mat (Whisper White cut to 14cm x 10cm) to get an idea of where I needed to stamp the ferns.
Using Pear Pizzazz I stamped the ferns all around the edge of the card, stamping some straight and some stamped off to give a lighter effect and so give the background some depth.
Some of the daisies are stuck straight onto the card and some are raised up on dimensionals. Once I had stuck them all on I thought it needed some bling. I wanted to use the gold glimmer enamel dots because they are soooo pretty! They come in various sizes too, so are perfect for any occasion! I layered my Whisper White mat onto a Crumb Cake Card Base measuring 21cm x 14.5cm scored and folded in half at 10.5cm.
I used the sentiments from the Well Said stamp set, which has such a huge number to choose from that you will be spoilt for choice! A lot of these fit perfectly into the classic label punch too, again making it really easy to add a quick sentiment. You could always make these cards and leave the sentiments off, adding whichever ones you wanted to at the time when you need the card.
If you want to see another example of how to make a Mother’s Day card, why not visit one of my more recent projects, a fabulous flowers card using the Peony Garden suite of products. I know it doesn’t look like a Mother’s Day card, but the blog post explains that!!
Until next time, keep safe, keep well, and happy crafting xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- March’s Host Code is 3KXNEKZ7 – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in April.
- Massively discounted items available on the LAST CHANCE SALE page – grab a bargain before they go
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects