Wow, when I saw this set I just knew it was one I needed to have. The stone embossing folder is like something I have never seen before and works just perfectly with the gorgeous images in the stamp set. This little bundle is FREE during Sale-a-bration with a £90 spend because you get both the folder and the stamps together.
I thought that the Japanese inspired set would lend itself really well to making a little scene, with the women waling up to the temple. In order to make it appear that there are a few of the ladies all clumped together, I decided to use the masking technique.
I used Gray Granite ink for this because it is a fairly soft and subtle grey but is also on the warmer side too. First of all I stamped one of the ladies onto the whisper white layer, which measures 11.5 x 7.5cm.
Next, stamp the same image onto a post it note, making sure to stamp over some of the sticky bit. Cut the image out and then place it over the image that you originally stamped. Using the same colour ink, stamp over your post it note. You may need to press a bit harder than normal to make sure you press down past the post it note and onto the white card. Lift away the post it to reveal your overlaid image. You can repeat this as many times as you like.
Once I had stamped my ladies, I used the tree stamp upside down as leaves and branches of a tree. I used Rococco Rose ink which goes really well with the Gray Granite colour. I then stamped the temple over to the right hand side and used the watercolour pencils to colour in all of the images.
To make the card base I cut a piece of Rococco Rose Cardstock to 21cm x 14.5cm and scored it in half at 10.5cm. The Gray Granite layer is 10cm x 14cm and is embossed using the stone embossing folder. I layered the white stamped layer onto a piece of Rococco Rose Card measuring 12cm x 8cm and then stuck this onto the card base using dimensionals.
I hope you like my little card and hope that you have a go at masking, it can be used for so many different things. If you would like to buy any of the supplies used then please do click on the product links below which will take you straight to my online store.
Thank you for reading my post, see you again soon xx
- Join Now to get £154 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- May’s Host Code is ESESNTK6 – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in June.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects