I first made an easel box card long before I started blogging and sharing, possibly even before I joined Stampin’ Up! I designed the measurements so that the drawer would fit six Ferrero Rocher, and this little project makes a perfect gift or craft fair item, and can be filled with whatever else you can think of really, its a great size.
The papers that I have used here are the Simply Elegant papers, I just thought that the gold and the black would pair beautifully with the gold and black wrappers of the sweets themselves, and I love the star design on the front – that is from the Tidings and Trimmings stamp set and is heat embossed gold onto black card then fussy cut out.
I have recorded a video to show you how to make the easel box card, so please do have a watch, but all the measurements are listed below to make things easier for you, so you don’t need to worry about writing them all down as you go.
The actual drawer component of the project is made using Basic Black cardstock measuring 14cm x 17.5cm and is scored on all four sides at 3.5cm.
The outer cover to the Easel Box Card is made again using Basic Black cardstock this time measuring 25.7cm x 14.4cm. It is scored on the short side at 3.7cm and on the long side at 3.7cm, 11cm, 14.7cm and 22cm. Cut both of these as shown either in the video or on the diagram below.
The Easel part of the card is made using a piece of Basic Black cardstock measuring 7.3cm x 21.4cm scored at 5.35cm and 10.7cm (Basically it needs to be folded in half, and then one half is folded in half again). It also needs a piece of card measuring 7.3cm x 10.7cm.
The mats and layers are as follows:
- Gold Foil – 10.4cm x 3.3cm (Two of these)
- Gold Foil – 10.3cm x 6.9cm (Two of these)
- Gold Foil – 6.9cm x 1.8cm
- Gold Foil – 6.6cm x 3.2cm
- DSP – 10.1cm x 3cm (Two of these)
- DSP – 9.9cm x 6.5cm
- DSP – 6.3 x 2.9cm
- White Card – 9.9cm x 6.5cm
- Black Card – 6.9cm x 1.5cm
To make the decoration for the front of the Easel Box Card, I used the Hippo Happiness dies. There are some lovely layering shapes in this set and I used the largest and second largest of the more rectangular shaped ones, to cut black and white card. The gold mat is made by sticking the white die cut onto the gold foil and then cutting around it with a pair of scissors.
Then all you need to do is assemble everything and decorate it using the mats and layers and some stamps of your choice. In the video I actually made one of these using the Expressions in Ink papers, and the Floral Gallery stamps, so this also makes a perfect birthday gift too.
Have a watch of the video to see how I made this fun Easel Box Card, and please do hit subscribe if you like what you see…..
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope you enjoy having a go at making one for yourself, until next time, Happy Stamping xx
- Shop with me online – use Host Code N9FVFB7N if spending between £25 and £150 to receive a FREE surprise from me in December.
- Click Here to come and join our amazing team of Songbird Stampers, a whole new world of fun and friendship (and discounts!!) await you. Want more information? Why not check out all the FAQs over on the Join My Team page
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper