The theme for this month’s hop is a colour challenge, and it’s a good one this month with a Monochrome theme of Basic Black, Basic Grey and Basic White. Personally I can’t wait to see what the other team members have got in store for us!
The Peaceful Place Designer Series Papers immediately sprung to my mind when I saw this colour challenge, as they are filled with black, grey and white designs, and pairing them with the fabulous Arctic Bears stamp set has worked wonderfully I think.
I must admit this might not at first seem like a project for the Casual Crafter, but I want to show you that anyone can make stunning home decor pieces, all you really need is a trimmer, a pair of paper snips, some papers and some glue. Oh, and stamps, ink and paper too!
The base of this project is just a sheet of 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper, I chose a beautiful foiled design with silver snowflakes on it. Then I cut a series of squares and rectangles from Basic Black cardstock. The measurements are as follows:
- 4 pieces at 5 1/4″ x 2 3/4″
- 4 pieces at 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- 1 piece at 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
Now all you need to do is choose the designs of your other pieces of patterned paper, to layer on top of these black pieces. Luckily all of the papers from this pack are in a monochrome theme, so there is plenty of choice. When you have chosen which ones you want to use simply cut them to the following measurements:
- 4 pieces at 5″ x 2 1/2″
- 4 pieces at 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- 1 piece at 5″ x 5″
Now for the fun part, decorating each panel. One of the things I love about crafting is that there are NO RULES (except for sticking to the monochrome theme!). You get to choose what you put where, and how you want your piece to look, so go wild, have some fun. Grab those stamps and inks and snip and make yourself some cute toppers to put on top of your project.
When you have done decorating all of your panels, now it is time to stick them in place. My top tip for this is to lay them all out first, make sure you are happy with the placement and the spacing and then gently stick them down one piece at a time, leaving the rest in place so you can pop the one you are gluing back down easily.
I hope that I have inspired you to have a go at a monochrome theme for some of your winter crafting, it really was a pleasure making this project and I can’t wait to have it displayed over the Christmas period.
Please do have a hop around and see what the rest of the gang have been up to, I am really looking forward to seeing all of the projects.
Until next time, Happy Stamping xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £75, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects