Easter is only a few days away now so I want to show you a really quick and fun project, how to make an Easter Treat Basket, to fill with goodies ready for your loved ones this Easter. I have used the super cute Springtime Joy stamp set from Stampin’ Up! It has the most adorable little creatures, including a sheep, a chick and a rabbit.
These baskets have been around for a while, in fact I think I made them last year too, but it’s always good to revisit forgotten projects! I sized these baskets so that you could make two out of an A4 sheet of paper, so there is little waste, and still some left over for another project. I have used a Crumb Cake cardstock, measuring 13.5cm x 13.5cm which I have embossed before scoring.
Then I scored this piece at 4.5cm and 9cm on both sides, so you end up with what looks like a naughts and crosses board! On one side, cut up both of these score lines to the first crossing score line and then rotate the card 180 degrees and do the same on the other side.
Use a corner rounder if you want to round the edges of the outer squares and then stick it using some liquid glue to make a basket shape before decorating and most importantly filling with chocolate eggs! I have made a short YouTube tutorial if you find it easier to watch a demonstration.
How to Make an Easter Treat Basket
I hope that I have inspired you to have a go at making these baskets for yourself, and if I am too late for this year, why not get ahead and start making them ready for next year, hehe. I have a couple more to go as I have my family coming round for a garden picnic, I just have to try not to eat all the eggs before Sunday!
That’s all for toady, until next time, Happy Stamping xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- March’s Host Code is 3KXNEKZ7 – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in April.
- Massively discounted items available on the LAST CHANCE SALE page – grab a bargain before they go
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects
Snailed It Online Card Class
Join us for a fun and friendly two hours of Facebook Live virtual crafting on Friday 7th May from 10am until 12 noon. There are multiple options for this class, from £15 for the kit only to £70 for the whole Snailed It suite.
You get your very own kit of card, papers and die cut shapes to make three super cute projects, sent out in the post in time for you to craft along live with me. I would love to have you join us, you can book online by clicking the picture above or simply get in touch if you have any questions at email@example.com