Sometimes challenges can really help to inspire us, and because I haven’t posted in one for a while I wanted to take part in this theme challenge by the Global Design Project #279. The theme for this challenge is Animals, and co-incidentally I had the gorgeous Springtime Joy set on my desk from a recent project!
I absolutely love the adorable little creatures in this set, all the way from the lamb to the smallest butterfly. Each one really has their own character and together they make the cutest of scenes.
I stamped my images in Basic Grey, to give a softer feel which paired nicely with the Basic White and Purple Posy, such delicate colours and perfect for a get well soon card. Luckily I don’t know anyone who is poorly, but when someone gets sick, I now have a beautiful card to send them.
I coloured all of my stamped images in using Stampin’ Blends, my alcohol markers of choice, making good use of the colour lifter for both the rabbit and the sheep. If you were to purchase the Springtime Joy stamp set, a Basic Grey stamp pad and three combo packs of Stampin’ Blends (that’s 6 markers) did you know that you would qualify for a free item from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue?
The background is made using my current favourite embossing folder, the brick and mortar 3D embossing folder. It adds just the right amount of texture and dimension to an otherwise flat project. The card base itself is 5″ x 5″, the Purple Posy mat 4 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ and the Basic White layer 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″. To create the centre circles I used the Layering Circles to cut a scalloped Purple Posy and a slightly smaller Basic White, which I then embossed using the same folder.
If you like this theme challenge, why not head on over to http://www.global-design-project.com/ to see many more creative takes on the theme, there really are some lovely projects.
Thank you so much for stopping by today for my Theme Challenge by the Global Design Project, if you would like to purchase any of the products I have used here, you can do so by clicking the Shop Now button above or by following this link.
Until next time, Happy Stamping xx
Online Craft Class
Would you like to learn how to make three fairly advanced Fancy Fold cards, with all the stress of learning taken away from you? Why not join my monthly kit class, held on Facebook Live on the 5th March. For £15 I will send you out a pack with all the necessary cardstock and Designer Series Paper with full written instructions, a Prize Patrol ticket and access to the live video, which will also be recorded in case you can’t make it!
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- April’s Host Code is 9DHBHFJ2 – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in May.
- Massively discounted items available on the LAST CHANCE SALE page – grab a bargain before they go
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects