Hello and welcome to the September Blog Hop by the Stamptastic Friends, an amazing group of Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators who want to share their creations with you all. Whether you have come straight here to me, or hopped from somewhere else, be sure to hop on over to the rest of the team to see some fabulous makes.
My first thought when I hear the words Box Frame are of samplers, usually a 12″ x 12″ frame with lots of different patterns of DSP, showcasing all the elements of a suite of products or a range of different products on a theme. Did you know that the earliest surviving samplers are from the 16th Century, when needleworkers found or learnt new stitches, they would sew them onto a piece of cloth to be kept as a reference.
In the years following this, needleworkers would create samplers showcasing their finest work, which would then be shown to prospective employers as an example of their skills.
Anyway, enough about the history of samplers, especially as that isn’t what I am actually showing you today!!
Poinsettia Petals Box Frame
I made a card recently, which inspired this Poinsettia Petals Box Frame, I just love how the Pool Party, Whisper White and Silver Foil work together, even though I know Poinsettias are usually red and the leaves green.
I think these are some of my favourite dies at the moment, there are so many beautiful dies and the fact that they can be embossed at the same time is just a winner for me. Look closely at the detailing in the flowers and leaves, just stunning. The background paper is from the Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper (currently 15% off!) , I just love the textured background and it fits perfectly with my theme.
The flowers are made using each of the four ‘flower petal’ dies, each one is layered upon the larger one, after the edge have been sponged with Frost White Shimmer Paint. The photo doesn’t really show it here but it is super sparkly in real life. The Whisper White Leaves were also sponged, this time with Pool Party ink.
I made 6 of the flowers in total, and then laid them out on my paper to form a circle, before sticking down with multiple dimensionals to give it plenty of height. The leaves and sprigs were then interspersed and tucked under the flowers.
The beautiful sentiment is from the Wrapped in Christmas stamp set and is stamped in Pool Party onto Whisper white card. I added some small Whisper White Flowers and some sparkly rhinestones to finish the piece off before popping it into the Box Frame ready to be hung on the wall (but not yet as according to my boyfriend it is still far too early to be thinking about Christmas!)
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope my Poinsettia Petals Box Frame inspires you to create some home decor of your own. Please be sure to keep hopping, to see what everyone else has in store for you, but if you would like to purchase any of the products I have used today, feel free to click on the links below to take you straight to my online shop.
Until next time, Happy Stamping (or die cutting!!) xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- March’s Host Code is 3KXNEKZ7 – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in April.
- Massively discounted items available on the LAST CHANCE SALE page – grab a bargain before they go
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects