Hello & welcome back to the Casually Crafting Blog Hop. This months theme is Autumn Term, and with the nights slowly starting to draw in I realised last week that sadly Summer has to end at some point, but Autumn gives us a whole new colour palette for our crafting, and a whole new array of products to mix and match.
The Casually Crafting Design Team are a group of independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrators that want to share our take on casual crafting with you all. We will be sharing what we love every 3rd Friday of each month. Make sure you check out the rest of the Design Team’s creative projects from the photo links at the end of this post
Mix and Match
With the new Autumn/Winter Mini Catalogue now live, I have got some amazing new papers to play with, but in this post I really want to show you how you can mix and match these papers with stamp sets that you might already have in your stash. We all love to find ways to make the most out of the stamps we own, don’t we?
One of my favourite paper sets from the new catalogue is Gilded Autumn, a stunning array of designs in earthy colours including Cajun Craze, Copper Foil, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Gold Foil, Mint Macaron and Very Vanilla. Not my usual colours but they are GORGEOUS!
I looked at the leaves in the Mint Macaron sheet, and instantly saw the leaves from the amazing Very Versaille stamp set. Quite often the papers will co-ordinate beautifully with the stamp sets from the suite, but look outside of that and see what else you can Mix and Match them with, you are bound to find other sets that will work really well.
I made a square card today, 14.8cm x 29.6cm, scored at 14.8cm. I used Mint Macaron as my base card and then used a mat of the incredible brushed metallic cardstock, measuring 14.4cm x 14.4cm. The Speciality Designer series Paper is then layered onto this, measuring 14cm x 14cm. I created another mat from the same brushed metallic cardstock, 11.4cm x 11.4cm, and a layer of Very Vanilla 11cm x 11cm.
In the top left hand corner I stamped the scripty stamp in Mint Macaron and then overlayed the leaves, in both Crumb cake and Soft Suede. I don’t often stamp in brown, but it looks really effective here. To make a focal point, I used some of the Open Weave ribbon from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack, a die cut leaf out of the Brushed Metallic Cardstock, using the Gathered Leaves dies, some of the In Good Taste Elements and a piece of Linen Thread. See how I have really mixed and matched from all over here.
I stamped the greeting in Soft Suede in the bottom right hand corner and added some Metallic Pearls before decorating the inside of my card with an offcut of paper and the leaves, stamped off in Mint Macaron.
Don’t forget to come back after you have finished the hop to purchase any of the supplies you need simply by clicking on the photo links at the bottom of the page, but for now, enjoy hopping and seeing what the rest of the Casually Crafting Design Team have been up to on the theme of Autumn Term.
Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Crafting xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, plus 2 free stamp sets (So Much Love and Queen Anne’s Lace), a pack of basic rhinestones, enough card pre cut to make 16 stunning cards as well as free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits
- September’s Host Code is DKKHBKWU– be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects