Wow, well I seem to have gone for PINK on this Zany Zebras watercolour card today, we have got a mix of Magenta Madness, Melon Mambo and a touch of Rich Razzleberry for some darker tones. How cute is the the little zebra, just peering over his shoulder!
I wanted to try out the new water painters from Stampin’ Up!, they are great and come in a cute little pouch for safe keeping too. You get three brushes, a fine tip, a standard brush and a flat wide brush which is great for large washes or fat stripes. I used the standard brush for my card here and started by laying some Magenta Madness ink down onto some watercolour card.
I used my heat tool to dry the card, because it leaves some fun marks but also because I am quite impatient! I went in with some more ink and then dried it again with the heat tool. By adding layers you build up texture within your watercolouring, a nice effect I think. I then repeated the process with Melon Mambo and again with Rich Razzleberry.
I stamped the zebra in Memento ink onto Watercolour card too, just so it tied into my background. A little fussy cutting and highlighting his stripes in Magenta Madness with my Stampin’ Blend and he was ready to pop up on dimensionals over the watercolour section.
I finished off my Zany Zebras Watercolour Card by simply stamping a sentiment from the Rooted in Nature Stamp Set in Magenta Madness and adhering it onto a standard C6 card base in the same colour. Wouldn’t this be a great card for a little girl, or for anyone who loves pinks and purples. I know already who this one is going to be sent to, and I hope she loves it as much as I do.
This is a fabulous and fun stamp set, perfect for simple stamping or more avid cards and at just £18 it is sure to be very popular. I will be bringing you some more ideas with this set later in the week. If you would like to purchase a set so that you can play along with me, or try this card for yourself, clicking on the picture below will take you straight to my online store.
Thank you so much for your continued support during these unsettled times. Every comment, every Facebook like or share, every email, purchase and team member is so gratefully appreciated, I dedicate this card to all of you… you are all wonderful and I am truly grateful.
Until next time, stay safe and Happy Crafting,
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- September’s Host Code is HFUPANRH – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects