Scrapbooking, memory keeping, journalling with picture… there are many names for what is essentially the recording and presenting of memories. Scrapbooking with Stampin’ Up! is such a lovely way to preserve our history, and people around the globe do this in many different forms. I am a ‘traditional’ scrapbooker. I take 12″ x 12″ papers and mat and layer my photos onto these, adding embelishments before putting them in an album, but there are also mini pocket albums which can be used to make the task a little simpler and quicker, if you are short on time or just new to the whole thing. I did a Facebook Live video recently where I went through some of the tools for scrapbooking, followed by making a layout, please do check it out if you have the time.
I have been using the Memories and More card packs from Stampin’ Up!, mainly the Tropical Oasis ones which co-ordinate beautifully with the Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper and the Timeless Tropical stamp set. The Memories and More packs give us some great focal points for our layouts but also some brilliant journalling spots as you can see in the photo above. I absolutely love the bright colours here, paired with the more regal Old Olive and Pretty Peacock, such a great combination.
This is a scrapbook page of our holiday to Sorrento last year, it was such a fabulous two weeks and I have been meaning to do this for some time now – the lockdown has given me the impetus to get going and I do find with scrapbooking that when you start it can become quite addictive! I have really enjoyed getting all of the photos printed (just on my home printer) and going through them all, deciding what to put where and reliving the memories at the same time.
This is the finished page, I embellished it with lots of leaves and flowers from the Tropical Chic stamp set. I wanted a multi-coloured look to my images so I grabbed my sponge daubers and sponged the inks on. For the leaves I used Pretty Peacock, Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz and for the flowers I used Real Red and Mango Melody. It really does give a lovely look to the stamped images.
I really hope that you have enjoyed scrapbooking with Stampin’ Up!, and that I have inspired you to have a go at this wonderful hobby. You really don’t need any additional supplies than you may already have for card-making, except an album to put your finished pages in. Have fun with it, and enjoy looking at all of those wonderful photos while you do it.
Until next time, stay safe and stay well,
Happy Crafting, Heather xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- April’s Host Code is 9DHBHFJ2 – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in May.
- Massively discounted items available on the LAST CHANCE SALE page – grab a bargain before they go
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects