I have been busy making a card for Russ’s teenage niece, who is understandably quite upset that her party has been cancelled and she can’t see her friends. I hope that she still manages to have a nice day and can look forward to a party in the future. For now, I hope to bring her a little cheer with these incredibly cute animals from the Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper.
I haven’t used the stamp set for this card, just the Designer Series Paper (£10.75) so I fussy cut each of the animals out. You get some lovely background papers but also 6 sheets filled with lions, toucans and adorable koalas! Personally I find fussy cutting quite therapeutic and spent a lovely hour in front of the TV cutting away. I used a piece of thick Whisper White to make my card base, 21cm x 21cm, scored in half at 10.5cm. I cut a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock to 20.5cm x 10cm and a piece of the patterned paper to 20cm x 9.5cm. I tied some twine round the bottom and added a bow with a glue dot.
I used my good old trusty Stitched Shapes Dies and cut six of the 2nd largest square, three in Bermuda Bay and three in Daffodil Delight. This die set is FABULOUS, you get 4 stitched squares, 4 stitched ovals and 4 stitched circles for £28, a must for any crafting arsenal. I turned the Bermuda Bay squares round so they look like diamonds and stuck them on top of the Daffodil Delight ones using liquid glue. I also used liquid glue to stick one of each animal on top of each of my coloured squares and then stuck the outer two onto my background paper. I put dimensionals on the back of the third one and then stuck that in the middle. It overlaps the other two slightly but I think it looks nice like that.
The sentiment is from the So Sentimental stamp set (£20) and just works perfectly here I think. I do love this stamp set and ought to bring it out more often, though isn’t this always the way! I stamped it in Bermuda Bay to match the card and cut it out using the Timeless Label punch (£17). That’s all there is to it, quite a simple yet effective card and very little stamping involved. You could easily make this at home yourselves, just by purchasing the Birthday Bonanza Paper and using your stash of craft supplies.
Don’t forget that there are now only two days left of Sale-A-Bration, so don’t delay in ordering the bits that you need.
I hope you have a lovely week and until next time, stay safe and Happy Crafting xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- September’s Host Code is HFUPANRH – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects