I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the amazing new Nature’s Thoughts dies (£27), out now amongst many other things which co-ordinate with the Sale-a-Bration and the Jan-Jun Mini Catalogue.
I loved the stamp set Positive Thoughts and bought these dies because they have the most gorgeous accents in them including a cute little butterfly, a feather and a perfectly sized bordered rectangle die.
AND…. these stamps and dies will be carrying over into the next Annual Catalogue, so we will have plenty more time to play with them.
I also wanted to use the Painted Poppies bundle and my new Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends to create some striking purple poppies (inspired by my good friend Jeanette!)
I have used three colours of purple for my card, Purple Posy, Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape. The Designer Series Paper is from the Best Dressed suite, such a subtle yet stunning design which cut beautifully with the frame die.
I also used the Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends on the leaves, for just a little pop of colour.
Layering elements is a technique which I am still getting the hang of, but I really enjoyed doing it here, adding all the different bits together and laying them out to see how they look. Once I was happy with my composition, I took a photo of my design so that when I took it all off in order to glue it all down, I could use it to remember where everything went! I would have been lost otherwise.
The swirly circle and the white tag die are both from the Painted Labels dies (part of the Painted Poppies Bundle) and the tag gives such a beautiful embossed border, I hope you can see it in the photograph. The Happy Birthday is from the Peaceful Moments Stamp set and is just one of many lovely hand lettered style sentiments in this set.
To finish I added some Wink of Stella to my poppies and some Glittered Enamel Dots in Gorgeous Grape.
I hope you enjoy my creation and I hope that you might have a go at layering for yourself. It can really give a card some depth and interest, it’s just about knowing when to stop!
If you would like to purchase any of the products I have used today, I would love for you to shop with me HERE, and I will be sending out a thank you card and gift for each order that is placed online during the month of February – as long as you opt for allowing contact, otherwise I won’t be able to send you anything.
Thank you so much for reading, and Happy Crafting x
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- September’s Host Code is HFUPANRH – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects