I have been so blown away by the Stampin’ Up! January-June Mini Catalogue that I had almost forgotten about all of the amazing things in the Annual Catalogue…. almost!!
After using the new Parisian Blossoms suite, I have a new favourite colour – Petal Pink. It is such a gorgeous shade, soft and gentle yet sophisticated too. I also love the new Petal Pink Metallic Edge Ribbon (£6.50 for 9.1m) and the Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels ( £5.50) so I decided to combine these new products with the Free as a Bird Stamp Set and the Bird Ballad DSP.
I used Crumb Cake cardstock for the card base, cutting it to 21cm x 14.5cm and scoring it in half at 10.5cm. I used Champagne Foil for the mat, at 14cm x 10cm and a piece of the Bird Ballad DSP measuring 13.5cm x 9.5cm.
An underused but wonderful die set, Delicate Lace Dies, contains three different edge dies, just perfect for adding a nice border to your cards or projects. I used the biggest die to cut a piece of Champagne Foil, but cut it down so that it wasn’t quite so deep.
To colour the quartet of birds, I used the Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Blends, alcohol markers which give the most beautiful blended look. Each colour has a light and a dark pen, making for really easy colour matching. I used Crumb Cake for my birds, Old Olive for the leaves and Pool Party for the flowers. The pens are an absolute joy to use.
I used the wonderful Paper Snips to fussy cut the little birds out, to make them really pop against the background I popped them up on stampin’ dimensionals.
I finished the card with some ribbon, gems and a small sentiment stamped onto Whisper White card and punched out with the Classic Label punch, one of my most used punches, perfect for small sentiments.
I hope you like my combination of the old and the new, I had a lot of fun making this card…. I wonder who the recipient will be?
If you would like to purchase any of the supplies used, please do click on the links below as they will take you straight to my online shop. I am so grateful for all of my customers as every penny really helps me to keep sharing what I love.
Have a great weekend, and see you back here soon for some more crafty fun!
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits
- November’s Host Code is MMPV9JAS – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in December.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects