Thank you so much for stopping by today, whether you have come straight here or hopped from someone else, welcome, and I hope that this extra large Christmas card will get you in the mood for some Christmas crafting of your own.
My other half loves the cards that I make, but I know that he especially loves the bigger cards, so for our family this year I decided to make extra large Christmas cards, using the Merriest Moments bundle, and yes, my three Christmas colours, Cherry Cobbler, Evening Evergreen!
I should really have put something in the photo to help you see the size of it, but this card is made from a whole sheet of Thick Basic White card! I cut it first to 29cm and then scored it in half at 14.5cm. The Cherry Cobbler Mat is 14cm x 20.5cm and the Basic White Layer is 13.5cm x 20cm.
Onto this Basic White layer I stamped a lot of the foliage and berries from the stamp set, focussing on three key areas. The bottom, the top left and the middle right. I didn’t worry too much if some of the foliage overlapped in the middle because I knew I was going to be putting flowers onto each ‘clump’
The poinsettias were stamped in Cherry Cobbler, one in first generation and then one stamped off, to give a lighter shade. I cut these out using the dies and then layered them together with a Gilded Gem in he middle.
The sentiment panel is also from the Merriest Moments bundle, and has a lovely stitched edging. I stamped my favourite sentiment onto it in Evening Evergreen and then layered this onto a Cherry Cobbler mat before popping it onto my card with dimensionals and adding a super sparkly bow.
I hope that my extra large Christmas card has inspired you to get those stamps out and see what you can create…
Until next time, Happy Stamping xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £75, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects