Time is tight sometimes, so I wanted to share a really neat trick with you today, how to create an easy watercolour effect using the new Butterfly Brilliance stamp set from Stampin’ Up! This is a gorgeous stamp and super simple to use because of its size. All the butterflies stamp in one go, and there are even dies to co-ordinate too, so you can cut them all out in one go too! Wahooo.
Head to my Stampin’ Up! online store to view all of the products in this collection.
So, to make this easy watercolour effect, you will need some Watercolour card or Shimmery White card. This is what I used as I love the slight shimmery effect it gives. Take your stamp and some sponge daubers and sponge some ink over the stamp. I used Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral here, but you could use whichever colours you fancied. I think it would look great in blues and greens too!
Then take a Stampin’ Spritzer and lightly spray some water over the stamp – just a few squirts should do it. Then stamp the image. Use a paintbrush or Water Painter to move a little of the ink if you want to, to colour in sections of the body or wings, just to enhance the watercolour effect.
I cut the Shimmery White down to approximately 8cm x 12cm and then put it on a mat of Calypso Coral card of 8.5cm x 12.5cm. This went onto a standard Whisper White card base. I repeated the process but this time just with a single butterfly. All I did was ink up a section of the stamp, but I know some people have cut their stamp up to give lots of individual butterflies – are you brave enough!?!?
A simple stamped and heat embossed greeting, some velum and some white twine finish my card off nicely, and complete this easy watercolour effect project.
If you would like to see more of the products in detail, why not watch the following video…
Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope that you have a go at this lovely technique.
Until next time, Happy Stamping xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- September’s Host Code is HFUPANRH – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in October.
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects