Hello & welcome back to the Casually Crafting Blog Hop where this months theme is ‘Black and White with a Pop of Colour’. I must admit this had me stumped for a little while, until a flash of inspiration hit me just in time!
The Casually Crafting Design Team are a group of independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrators that want to share our take on casual crafting with you all. We will be sharing what we love every 3rd Friday of each month. Make sure you check out the rest of the Design Team’s creative projects from the photo links at the end of this post.
Black and White With a Pop of Colour – So Much Love
This was one of my first purchases from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue. I love to colour in, and the flowers in this set are just perfect for that. Combine with some fab sentiments and you have a really versatile stamp set. This is actually one of the two stamp sets that you get for free when you join Stampin’ Up! during October!
Because the title of this months theme was ‘Black and White with a Pop of Colour’ I wanted to use bright bold colours for my focal point, so I went for Rich Razzleberry, Poppy Parade and Melon Mambo. I love all of these colours so decided to share all three cards with you today. The design is actually quite simple, meaning you could batch make these cards quickly!
To start with I cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock to 29cm x 10.5cm. I scored it in half at 14.5cm to create my landscape card base. I find these stand up better than the traditional tent fold cards – no more cards falling flat when stood up. My Whisper White layer is 10cm x 14cm.
I stamped all over this using both of the flowers from the set, one is slightly bigger than the other and this just adds a little variation to the background. Memento Black Ink is the right ink to use to use when colouring in with the Stampin’ Blends because it is NOT alcohol based.
I stamped one extra small flower onto a scrap of Whisper White card and coloured this one in. The green is Granny Apple Green, probably my favourite green by Stampin’ Up! Once it was coloured I cut it out with my paper snips, sadly there are no dies for this set but they are quite easy to fussy cut when you get going.
I wrapped some of the black Glittered Organdy Ribbon round my Whisper White mat and then popped my flower on with some dimensionals. The sentiment is from the Well Said stamp set, and is perfect for me to send these cards to some friends who I am unable to see at the moment. Far apart but close at heart.
Don’t forget to come back after you have finished the hop to purchase any of the supplies you need simply by clicking on the photo links at the bottom of the page, but for now, enjoy hopping and seeing what the rest of the Casually Crafting Design Team have been up to on the theme of Black and White with a Pop of Colour. I must admit I am intriqued to see what they have made!!
Until next time, stay safe and Happy Crafting xx
- Join Now to get £130 worth of product for just £99, with free shipping and amazing special demonstrator benefits.
- April’s Host Code is 9DHBHFJ2 – be sure to use this at the checkout when shopping online and for every order between £25 and £150 I will send out a handmade card and a free gift in May.
- Massively discounted items available on the LAST CHANCE SALE page – grab a bargain before they go
- Grab a bargain at the CLEARANCE RACK – Up to 60% off normal prices, while stocks last
- Go straight to my ONLINE SHOP to browse all of the different products on offer
- Why not follow me on Facebook, for live videos, projects and updates – The Songbird Stamper
- Or Subscribe to me on YouTube – The Songbird Stamper
- Save 10% on all product bundles, perfect for making beautifully co-ordinated projects